301 Plainfield Rd, Ste 350 Syracuse, NY 13212
Seeking a qualified candidate to assist in managing an exciting new project involving plugging / abandonment of orphan oil & gas wells at numerous sites located within New York State.
Project is currently scoped for 2019 and has the potential to extend for several additional years based in Syracuse, NY, however base location for this position in the western and southern tiers of New York is flexible.
Experience in the oil & gas industry, including familiarity with the plugging and abandonment of conventional oil & gas wells in the northeast U.S., is REQUIRED.
The successful candidate will aid the Project Manager in managing the plugging and abandonment of each well site and interfacing with the client regarding downhole operations.
The Well Site Manager will manage and report drill rig activities and schedule, challenges, and costs to the Project Manager.
Familiarity with oil field equipment and associated methods for conventional oil and gas well plugging operations are a must. In addition, knowledge of applicable regulations is REQUIRED.
The Well Site Manager will act as the Company representative with selected subcontractors, landowners, and client during project execution in the field with regards to plugging and abandonment operations.
The successful candidate will negotiate changes to the scope of work with subcontractors in coordination with the Project Manager.
This position will be responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the planning and execution of the well plugging operations for the project, including:
- Assisting the Project Manager with planning, scheduling, and logistics of the overall field program.
- Interfacing with the client representatives and landowners in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Reviewing the various regulatory plugging permit documents with the client representatives and preparing plugging reports upon completion of the plugging and abandonment of each well.
- Overseeing subcontractor execution and compliance with the plugging permit and regulations with regards to down hole operations and well site management; as well as day-to-day interface with the client and regulatory personnel.
- Overseeing execution and compliance with the site-specific Health and Safety Plan and company policies and procedures.
- Reporting Health and Safety metrics and performance data for the drill rig operations to the Field Project Manager.
- Daily and weekly reporting to the Project Manager regarding overall progress, challenges, and costs associated with the well site and downhole operations.
- Working with Project and Field Project Managers to track costs and schedule for the various elements of a project. Tracking and reporting cost overruns, delays, and significant changes to the scope of work to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- 4-year degree in Petroleum Geology or Engineering or related technical/business field
- At least 12-15 years of experience in projects related to oil & gas and/or environmental remediation.
- At least 5 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry is required.
- Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background, as well as previous project management experience on similar or related projects.