Encinitas, CA 92024 US
We are a high-tech controlled environment organic farming operation. Our mission is to set up greenhouse farms across the country to grow safe, premium quality, organic produce at conventional pricing by using technology to reduce cost. We dream big and work hard, focusing on excellence, innovation, creativity, hard work and discipline.
This opportunity would be for a dependable energetic individual that is also trustworthy and has extensive employee relations experience. This role will be working closely with all personal and be responsible for the day-to-day management of personnel, communications, and policy administration. Will assist with recruiting and hiring employees, training, payroll verification and administering pay, benefits, and leaves of absences.
- Performs tasks required to administer and execute Human Resources programs, including, performance and talent management, training and development, compensation, benefits, and leaves of absence.
- Handles employment -related inquiries, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations.
- Handles complex and sensitive employment related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll, benefits, timekeeping, leaves of absences and general employee personnel issues
- Consult with all employees to identify needs and preferred qualifications
- Compiles daily, weekly, monthly HR data in order to prepare reports.
- Resolve general employment related issues and any conflict between employees or management
- Post, prepare, and update records related to hiring, screening applicants, promotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Conduct orientations and training sessions and maintain records
- Performs recruitment and interviewing of greenhouse personnel.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintain records and representing the organization hearings.
- Participates in employee disciplinary meeting, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technology in Human Resources, talent management and employment law.
- Enforce company policies such as dress code, workplace ethics and vacation/time off request
- Complete quality work per manager requests and meet deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Embrace company culture, work well with others, and have an open-minded and respectful demeanor.
- Be flexible to work with other departments
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Human Resources with strong Employee Relations background. Leadership development experience.
- Experience in working in a fresh produce facility preferred.
- Proficient in computer literacy such as Word and Excel
- Must be bilingual English and Spanish
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be a team player, but ability to work independently
- Active listening and strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be trustworthy and dependable
- Be able to work in a fast paste environment
- Multitask and Must pay attention to detail
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example
- Experience using PayCom payroll system preferred
- Must be able to travel to other company sites (25 to 30 percent travel)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The following list is not exhaustive. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Talk, hear and clearly communicate with management and employees
- Ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions and orientation to the job
- Lift up to 25 pounds
Our company and its affiliates celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 to $80,0000 per year
COVID-19 considerations: We follow all Federal/State Covid 19 guidelines.