Huntington Beach, CA 92649 US
A leader in providing public safety/fire communications to fire departments throughout the country. The Company is seeking a Firmware / Electronics Design Engineer to join our Team, minimum of a Bachelor of Engineering or Software Engineering or similar with 5+ years of electronics design experience. Excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential. Team- oriented individual who will work closely with our information technology, production, installation, and technical support departments. Our Hardware/Firmware Engineer team member will be responsible for, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applying knowledge and principals of electronic theory, design, and engineering to design and develop electronic circuit boards and upgrade existing designs.
- Plans, improves, and manages firmware designs from inception to use.
- Microcontroller Programming using Microchip Microcontrollers.
- Microcontroller Programming using Renesas Microcontrollers.
- Printing wiring board design using CAD tools.
- Test the prototype hardware modules, using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Proficient in C programming language.
- Preparation and creation of technical documentation for hardware and firmware designs.
- Work with technicians, software developers, and consultant staff as needed.
- Performs other duties, tasks or projects as requested and assigned by supervisor or management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience is required.
- Proficient with development and testing of microcontroller software using the “C” language.
- Ethernet experience.
- Experience in writing firmware, schematic capture, circuit board design, embedded systems / RTOS is required.
- Experience using Microchip PIC microcontrollers is a big plus.
- Experience in printed wiring board design, ideally using Orcad/Cadence software.
- Touch screen application experience is a big plus.
General: Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, analytical and organizational skills. Must be self-motivated and detailed oriented.
Technical: Ability to test the hardware modules that the software is running on using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers. Experience with a TCP/IP stack running on the microcontroller. Experience in designing microcontroller-based modules, which may include analog peripherals such as audio and power supply circuits and CPLD/FPGA designs.
Communication: Exceptional/Strong communication skills both, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to present idea in business-friendly and user-friendly language. To read, analyze and interpret complex documents, in addition to creating documents.
Salary: $90,000.00- $120,000.00/Year