3330 W. ESPLANADE AVE Metairie, LA 70002
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The successful candidate will design, test, install, and maintain automation and control systems for use in chemical manufacturing. They will also apply principles and techniques gained within industry wide automation technical competencies to accomplish goals. Lastly, they will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Safety Interlock Systems (SIS) and manage control systems related capital projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Management of systems including DCS, PLC, Burner Management Systems, compressor controls, safety interlocks.
- Implement process automation and control improvement projects.
- Ensure consistency and reliability of control on critical variables, KPIs.
- Supervise system management, backups and hardware maintenance for process control systems.
- Design, install, upgrade and maintain Safety Interlock Systems (SIS) under the ISA84/IEC61511 Functional Safety Lifecycle requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate with Production Staff to achieve uptime and capital project goals.
- Interface with operations, maintenance and process engineering roles to support initiatives in Alarm Management, loop tuning/optimization and process troubleshooting.
- Develop documentation required for long term maintenance of control systems and facilitate outside technical resources for PMs and break-in service work.
- Establish targets and drive to completion actions to reduce usage and energy consumption, improve yields, minimize waste, and increase occupancy from process automation and control engineering view.
- Measure operating variable control ranges for minimum cost operation and identify opportunities for continued improvement based on plant data.
- Maintain critical control documentation – P&IDs, control loops, instrument specification sheets
- Provide instrumentation and process control support during major plant turnarounds (T/A)
- Develop capital job orders for instrument and control projects including associated Management of Change (MOC/PCA) and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
- Strong commitment to on and off the job safety
- Self-motivated, highly skilled, and a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Results oriented with continuous improvement mindset
- Focus on improving cost control
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to learn/teach
- Ability to develop and update piping and instrumentation drawings, loop drawings, specification sheets, electrical schematics, and logic diagrams
- Interface with operators with a customer oriented mindset to resolve controls/automation related problems
- Critical thinker, problem solver and have the ability to innovate
- Minimum 5-8 years of industrial experience, preferably with process controls
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (Logix 500/5000) and FactoryTalk HMI Platforms
- Background having knowledge of major industrial networking protocols, including Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, and OPC DA/AE/HDA
- Understanding of Automation Body of Standards (ISA, IEC, NFPA, API, etc)
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV DCS preferred
- Functional Safety Engineer Certification (TÜ V or Exida)
- Bently Nevada and Compressor Control Systems Support experience
- Experience in developing control system functional design specifications, test plans, and/or participation in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Knowledge of Industrial Cybersecurity best practices
- Background in Alarm Management improvement project implementation
- Knowledge and background in instrumentation Asset Management Systems
- Experience in HAZOP and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) methodologies
- Background in specification and diagnostics of Measurement and Control Element Devices
- Engineer in Training, EIT or Professional Engineer, CSE PE is a plus
- Minimum Required: BS Electrical Engineering or BS Chemical Engineering from an accredited university