2100 Travis Street Suite 610 Houston, TX 77002
- Our customer is a full-service engineering, procurement and construction company.
- They provide full EPC services and direct hire for the following trades: civil/concrete, structural steel erection, mechanical (piping), rigging/equipment setting and millwright services.
- They also provide 24 hours a day support for our clients including full mechanical support along with IE/Controls professionals. One position is available.
- Heavy industrial construction, piping, steel fabrication & erection, concrete placement, rigging and millwright, air separation systems, cryogenics, pulp & paper, power, chemical, hydrocarbons, minerals & mining, food & beverage, shutdowns & outages, engineering, engineering, summit industrial, service group, maintenance, IE controls, midstream, oil & gas, refinery, EPC, turnarounds, and reciprocating engines
- Must Have experience with electrical studies using ETAP and SKM
- Responsible for performing instrument/electrical design, implementation of preventative maintenance programs, as well as provide Instrumentation and Electrical repair and maintenance duties for pipelines, plants, compressor stations, terminals, electrical instruments, and automation systems.
- The I&E Engineer will help lead efforts involving instrumentation, electrical, measurement, controls, and automation/SCADA.
- Facilitate and lead the completion of Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) and Automation projects including design and execution.
- Engage in active analysis and management of I&E contractors and equipment vendors.
- Provide I&E input in equipment bidding and selection.
- Work with field I&E inspectors as required to identify service upgrade requirements for facility expansions
- Gather all required information to complete construction packages on time
- Work with area project managers to keep abreast of facility construction schedules
- Experience creating I & E drafting/design drawings, Midstream Liquids, Terminals Space, Pump Stations, Launcher/Receivers, Main Line Valves, Compression Stations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- CAD/Software: AutoCAD and Microstation
- Expertise in E&I design practices for Oil & Gas, heavy industry, including chemical, power, or mining industries
- BS Engineering Degree or a Minimum of 10-15+ years’ equivalent experience
- Current/valid driver’ s license
- Designing control systems and strategies
- Data acquisition experience preferred
- Process control experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications and must have a strong understanding of IE technical concepts
- Strong working knowledge of IE devices and their integration into complex automation systems
- Able to read and interpret P&IDs and electrical drawings