Information System Security Officer
6155 El Camino Real Carlsbad, CA 92009
Keeping our systems, technology and employees safe is a key priority. If you thrive on this type of pressure and love the challenge associated with incident resolution. As an IT Security professional, you will focus on providing technical support for our Corporate Information Assurance Manager (IAM). In this role, you will get to:
Perform several aspects of the computer security program enabling the company to meet contractual requirements in accordance with contract requirements. Because IT security requires efficient processes, you will also conduct regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and computer security policies/procedures are implemented as defined in security plans. Provide technical and user support for several stand-alone, LAN and WAN systems. Maintain records of HW/SW revisions, perform various configuration management activities, virus updates, set up of user accounts, reset passwords, etc., ensuring all documentation is notated as required. Participate in contamination network cleanup activities related to possible computer security violations/incidents. Respond to queries and requests for computer security information and reports. Support responsibilities may include various levels of activities for remote cleared facilities.
- 2+ years of experience in the functionality of common software programs and systems hardware functions to include, but not limited to: Windows Client and Server Operating Systems (WIN 10, Win Server 2008R2, Win Server 2016); Sun Solaris, Linux (e.g. Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu); Active Directory; Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- 2+ years as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in a DoD, IC, or other industrial security program and in-depth understanding of ICD 503, Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and overall understanding of DoD Risk Manage Framework (RMF) process.
- Strong working knowledge of system backup and patch management software.
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work well under pressure, good problem-solving skills
- DoD 8570.1/DoD 8140.01 Certification - Security+ CE a minimum
- U.S. Government position, citizenship required with Active US Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing Routers and Switches (CISCO certifications a plus)
- 2+ years of experience with the design, implementation and administration of VMWare Virtual solutions
- 2+ years of experience in managing Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX integration, account creation, administration, troubleshooting, file system maintenance, and backup applications
- Experience working with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools. (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)
Years of Experience: 2-4 years
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Clearance: Active United States Top Secret/ SCI Clearance