Industrial & Quality Engineer
1150 N Cedar St New Castle, Pennsylvania 16102 | Direct Placement
A career opportunity for growing, progressive glass tempering and fabrication company to manage and to fill Industrial and Quality Engineering roles for the company.
Industrial Engineering Responsibilities:
- Make the plant more productive and efficient by designing and implementing new technologies, systems, and processes.
- Conceptualize improvements, develop business case, and present to management.
- Conduct capability studies.
- Develop and maintain product standards and specifications, including product BOM/Routings for purposes of standard costs and quoting.
- Develop and evaluate pilot programs, simulations, and prototypes.
- Implement new and enhanced processes and tools.
- Design the layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow including development and revision of support documentation.
- Interpret customer drawings and translate customer specifications into internal drawings.
- Determine tooling and gauging approach.
- Decide on the appropriateness of designs based on the interpretations of customer part tolerances.
- Assist in specifying tolerances and specifications for new designs.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and related specifications.
- Support maintenance and production personnel in resolving process and product variation, equipment problems and variation using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action.
- Participate in or lead root cause failure analysis, report findings, along with recommended remedies.
- Work with WCM teams to help drive the plant towards a world class status.
Quality Engineering Responsibilities:
- Provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
- Implement effective corrective and preventive actions based on field, production and supplier findings.
- Reduce quality & business costs utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools as a liaison on cross functional teams.
- Perform internal audits and assist other auditors.
- Advise and assist in resolution of audit findings.
- Assist and occasionally direct Material Review Board activities.
- Assure timely processing of documentation on returned/or field required replacement products; provide closed looped failure analysis as required.
- Corrective action plan execution and follow-up.
- Support the direction for supplier reviews and certification as required for outsourced suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts and support requirements for product reviews and documentation.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5+ years' experience in an Industrial/Manufacturing/Quality role.
- 3-5+ years' experience working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience in line layout and process optimization.
- Experience working in a relevant manufacturing environment.
- Experience in line layout and optimized process flows.
- Experience in managing in 3rd party audits and certifications.
- General understanding of ISO methodology, TPM, Continuous Improvement/Lean Knowledge; Six Sigma is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to effectively and professionally work alongside and/or manage skilled trades.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and tact.
- Strong communication skills and ability to persuade non-technical personnel through with conviction and with a strong knowledge in electrical theory.
- Desire to change the status quo and continuously strive to better the plant, personnel, and processes.
- Strong team player skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple requests simultaneously while effectively understanding and maintaining priorities and timelines.
- Strong commitment toward both internal and external customers.