Industrial Electrical Technician
Caterpillar (Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc.) 9301 West 55th Street LaGrange, IL 60525
Primary Job Responsibility of the Industrial Electrical Technician is to trouble shoot, inspect and repair electrical mechanical systems in the heavy industry sector.
- The Industrial Electrical Technician must be proficient in troubleshooting and repair of large production machine tools.
- Selected candidate will be skilled in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of control circuits using ladder diagrams that drive control components, photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers, encoders, servos, resolvers, motor sensors, VFD’ s and robotics.
- Selected candidate will be proficient in working with PLC programs and Ladder logic to be able to trouble shoot components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices).
- Employee should have experience working with Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC’ s, Control View HMI, OPTO Controllers, and others.
- The Industrial Electrical Technician should hold a high school degree or an approved GED with Associates in Electronics or Industrial Electrician and Industrial Electrical Journeyman’ s card.
- Selected candidate will be skilled in the use of tools such as Multi meter, oscilloscope, amp probe, megger and various hand tools.
- The trade is required to wear PPE consistent with established safety standards including, but not limited to eye protection, approved steel toe footwear, FR rated clothing.
- Employee must be well versed in Electrical Safe Work Practices and Lockout Tag-out.
- The Trade is required to perform the essential functions and the associated daily work percentage listed below.
- Attached are the physical demands of the classification and their frequency.
Daily Job Responsibilities and Skills include but are not limited to:
- Read machine tool mechanical blue prints.
- Proficient in ability to use electrical multi-meter and common hand tools, etc.
- Utilize dimensional measurement devices including micrometers, Vernier calipers.
- Climb on and into machines to make repairs.
Machine Repair Percentages:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of electrical/mechanical equipment and machinery - 70%.
- Responsible for maintaining robotic equipment - 10%.
- Responsible to maintain a safe working environment - 10%.
- Perform preventive maintenance - 10%.
- Work is primarily in-doors.
- Job may be on first or second shift.