Information System Security Officer (ISSO) - (TS/SCI Required)
Carlsbad, CA 92009 US
Keeping our systems, technology, and employees safe is a key priority for our company. As a member of the Information Assurance team, you will focus on the day-to-day information system security requirements, serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Information Assurance realm, and provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Work independently as well as with a team of Information Assurance Professionals.
- Responsible for ensuring Information System Compliance with the potential to span multiple business areas or programs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, and determine which controls are applicable to the application, as well as document implementation in Security Controls Tractability Matrix (SCTM).
- Document compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develop a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to address non-compliance.
- Participate in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments and Continuous Monitoring.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with the governing authority approved authorization package and customer directives
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with Configuration Management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware.
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Work well under pressure and use good problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in a DoD, IC, or other industrial security program and in-depth understanding of ICD 503, Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and overall understanding of DoD Risk Manage Framework (RMF) process.
- Experience working with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools. (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)
- Familiarity with network technologies (LAN & WAN) and best practices within a classified environment to include crypto and key management
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Windows operating systems (workstation & server), Linux, and system virtualization in a secure network environment.
- DoD 8570.1/DoD 8140.01 Certification – Security+ CE a minimum
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Years of Experience: Other
- Travel: None
- Citizenship: US Citizenship required
- Clearance: Active United States Top Secret / SCI Clearance