Infrastructure Operations Manager
7501 Wisconsin Ave Suite 300W Bethesda, Maryland 20814 | Direct Placement
This role concentrates on the implementation and operations of a cloud datacenter infrastructure, datacenter administration, servers, storage, middleware, non-application software, networks, and operations that support the applications and business processes as required. Operations Lead is a technical hands-on opportunity to work in a cloud for an enterprise company addressing critical marketplace innovation & pushing the envelope of a high volume infrastructure to scale horizontally to address security, reliability, performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure.
Key Job Functions:
- Manage incident resolution within the environment, facilitating collaboration among other infrastructure and application support teams as required.
- Serve as an escalation point from third party support teams for major incidents, and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders as required.
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support of operating systems (Windows, Linux), devices, hardware, software, etc.
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized.
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving complex, multi-tier problems that span a number of different components.
- Automate production operations processes.
- Automate continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Implement application performance monitoring to ensure platform uptime and performance.
- Define, measure, and meet key operational metrics including performance, incidents and chronic problems, traffic and conversion, etc.
- Ensure that change management projects manage risk to applications and technologies. Design project to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments.
- Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Establish strategic direction for operating system platforms including technology reviews, analysis and selection in order to ensure company has adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for various applications.
- Develop architecture strategies to ensure that current products can continue to evolve into the next generation storage, to ensure cost-effective data protection solutions, and to ensure scalable solutions for enterprise-wide deployment.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- 7+ years’ experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems.
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Cloud computing experience operating large cloud based environments for production applications preferred, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or other large scale cloud deployment.
- Knowledge of Data Center networks, routing, switching, firewalls and site to site connectivity.
- Knowledge of File Transfer applications such as IBM Sterling Gateway, CA XML Gateway etc,
- Experience with 3 tier application architecture running Tomcat, Oracle.
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef.
- Mastery of at least one scripting language including Python, PERL, Ruby, Shell.
- ITIL based experience with Incident, Problem, Change and configuration management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 20% or Higher.
No Third Parties.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81568