100 W Walnut Street Pasadena, CA 91124 | Contract
- Contractor will create instructor-led and web-based training courses for delivery in workshops, classrooms, and online through the Learning Management System.
- Develops training material using existing content and input from subject matter experts.
- Designs online content to include audio, video, and interactive elements.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Three years of instructional design experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Technical knowledge of instructional design theories and experience in e-learning methodologies and curriculum development
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Intermediate knowledge of graphics software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiar with publishing courses to meet Learning Management System (LMS) requirements (SCORM)
- Intermediate understanding of how a Learning Management System (LMS) functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creates new classroom, e-learning (courses with interactive audio, video, and animation), and blended training programs, and conforms to established standards and styles.
- Develops and coordinates training programs, certifications, and curriculums with various subject matter experts and projects including the company-wide safety training program
- Maintains, updates, and edits existing training courses and programs.
- Works with employees to resolve issues with specific online courses or with the learning management system, and follow-up to ensure the resolution is acceptable.
- Works with internal subject matter experts to collect content, identify objectives, design course interactions, and create test questions.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may appropriate.
- Experience in managing client relationships and complex writing projects.
- Technical knowledge and working experience in Learning methodologies and curriculum development
- 4-year degree in Education, English, Graphic Design or related field
- 3 years of related work experience in Learning & Development, instructional design, or related field.
- Experience in conducting meetings with SMEs and internal clients.
- Experience in course design for web and computer-based learning, self-paced
- Proficient in the use of various software applications related to integrating technology into instruction including:
- Adobe Captivate
- Articulate Storyline
Additional Software Proficiency to Include:
- Multimedia development tools
- Learning Management Systems
- Experience in course design for online learning, self-paced