Instrument & Controls System Designer
Tampa, FL 33607 US
Title/Position: Instrument & Controls System Designer
Location: Tampa, FL
Work Schedule: Monday, Friday Remote; Tuesday to Thursday Onsite; Every-Other Friday Off
Citizenship: US, Green Card, Permanent Resident
Relocation Assistance: Yes, Local candidate preferred.
Our client is a private, Florida-based company where people matter, where your voice is heard, and where decisions are made with team members' best interest in mind.
Company's 20-year history, supported clients in the oil refining, petrochemical, fertilizer (phosphate and nitrogen), chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal, consumer products, and industrial facilities industries in the USA and internationally.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, long term care, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, and company events that supports our team members throughout their career.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Instrument & Controls System Designer to work closely with Lead designers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems. This position will produce complete Instrument & Control System drawings with associated bill of materials.
- The development, design and checking of control panels; control room layout, location plan drawings; junction box layout & Loading; wiring connection; loop and logic diagrams; material take-off; cable schedules; installation details and supports; maintaining instrument index; vendor document review.
- Utilize CAD to prepare layout and design drawings using practical design knowledge.
- Interpret and ensure conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Meet layout requirements and develop alternate design layouts of systems as required.
- Review and comment on supplier data as required.
- Perform checking of all instrument deliverables as appropriate to the discipline to ensure they clearly depict the design.
- Review constructability, operability and safety in design.
- Check compliance with I&C design guides, standards, specifications and procedures.
- Must be capable of taking a working "Lead Designer" position on smaller projects, with responsibility for all aspects of the detailed design on the project.
- Minimum 5-10 years industry experience in I&C design with experience in refining, pharmaceutical, petrochemical and specialty chemical projects
- Higher Education preferred
- Proficient in MicroStation and ACAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability and willingness to learn new software
- Working knowledge of INTERGRAPH Smart Plant Instrumentation INtools Package a Plus