Interiors Equipment and Furnishings Engineer
4515 Taylor Circle Duluth, MN 55811 | Contract
The Interiors Equipment and Furnishings Engineer will design, create drawings and specifications, test, coordinate with internal stakeholders and suppliers, and certify interiors and furnishings components and installations.
- Design interiors and equipment components and installations using Creo.
- Support the development of project plans and activities, including the design, redesign, installation and certification of aircraft interiors and furnishings.
- Generate and review engineering changes in compliance with appropriate FARs and business objectives of Cirrus Design.
- Identify, select, and coordinate with system or component suppliers.
- Provide systems engineering technical expertise during the design phase and testing of new or modified designs.
- Perform peer review of the work of other engineers.
- Author testing plans or other reports in support of engineering projects.
- BS, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 - 6 years or greater experience in aircraft interiors equipment design required.
- Basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, computer aided design (Ideally Creo) ability and drawing reading skills, required.
- Good communication skills on technical issues.
- Must possess strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of the applicable sections of Federal Aviation Regulation Part 23.
- Aircraft mechanical system integration and systems detail design and certification experience.
- Experience with aircraft operations and other aircraft systems is a plus.
- System design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, and aircraft/system qualification and certification.