Java Software Developer
2130 Woodward Austin, Texas 78744 | Contract
- Java Web application design and development.
- Implementation and testing procedures, modules and related code using best practices.
- Supporting, updating and enhancing web applications.
- Creating and implementing code documentation to support development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years industry experience designing and developing interactive scientific or e-commerce web solutions.
- Excellent communication / documentation skills.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Clear understanding of client-server functionality and Web browser technology.
- Experience with Java technologies including Java 6/7/8, Struts 2, Tiles, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, JSTL, Web services(SOAP/WSDL), JAXB, Ehcache, Maven, Tomcat server.
- Experience with using tools such as Eclipse IDE, Git, Confluence/Jira, Oracle Developer, Selenium QC, HPALM, etc.
- Strong Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc) and working with data formats like XML or JSON.
- Experience with Search Concepts, Search Engines, and SEO a plus.
- Some working knowledge of systems and network administration in Linux and Windows, and be able to get around server using command line to perform common tasks.
- Experience with other server-side technologies including PHP, Perl, Ruby and Python a plus.
- Experience with Linux programming or administration a plus.
- Experience with Agile Software Development process a plus.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills using latest tools.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Multi-tasking with good follow through skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work alone and accomplish tasks without supervision.