Jr Mechanical Engineer/Designer
2600 Michelson Dr Suite 500 Irvine, CA 92612
Our mechanical designers and engineers within the BIAF Division have exceptional design and analysis skills to plan and design mechanical systems for buildings and facilities, including: Federal and DOD programs, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, educational facilities and commercial projects.
Candidates for our entry level engineer/designer positions must be able to follow our Project Engineers’ design directives and apply knowledge of mechanical (HVAC) engineering principles and practices to prepare construction drawings using Autocad and Revit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineered systems and tasks include, but are not limited to, HVAC drafting, entry level design, basic ductwork & piping distribution, and load calculations.
- With direction from the Project Engineer, design HVAC systems using Autocad and/or Revit.
- With direction from the Project Engineer, perform calculations for HVAC systems.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed.
- Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms (Title 24).
- Select HVAC equipment based on load calculations.
- Coordinate work with other designers, engineers, and architects.
- Maintain detail and Revit libraries.
- 0-5 plus years working in buildings-related mechanical design (0-3 years if BSME).
- Strong knowledge and use of Revit and Autocad required.
- Experience working on military facilities, airports, data centers, commercial buildings preferred.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- US Citizen.