Jr. Electrical Engineer/Designer
2600 Michelson Dr Suite 500 Irvine, CA 92612
Our electrical designers and engineers within the BIAF Division have exceptional design and analysis skills to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including: Federal and DOD programs, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, educational facilities and commercial projects.
Candidates for our entry level engineer/designer positions must be able to follow our Project Engineers’ design directives and apply knowledge of electrical (power & lighting) engineering principles and practices to prepare construction drawings using Autocad and Revit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineered systems and tasks include, but are not limited to, electrical drafting, entry level design for power distribution & lighting, and load calculations.
- With direction from the Project Engineer, design electrical systems using Autocad and/or Revit.
- With direction from the Project Engineer, perform calculations for electrical systems and equipment sizing.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed.
- Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms (Title 24).
- Select electrical equipment (eg, transformers, switchgear) based on load calculations.
- Coordinate work with other designers, engineers, and architects.
- Maintain detail and Revit libraries.
- 0-5 plus years working in buildings-related electrical design (0-3 years if BSEE).
- Strong knowledge and use of Revit and Autocad required.
- Experience working on military facilities, airports, data centers, commercial buildings preferred.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- US Citizen.