7263 Engineer Road Suite G San Diego, CA 92111
The Junior Engineer is broadly responsible for testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying electronic developmental and production equipment, PWB assemblies, transformers, components, and systems according to engineering instructions and customer specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic or elctromechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models, or specialized test equipment.
• Work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal instructions.
• Conduct complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
• Diagnose and isolate equipment and system malfunctions.
• Assist in the development of electronic equipment.
• Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron.
• Assemble experimental circuitry and complete prototype models according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems, components, and their functions.
• Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
• Set up standard test apparatus and devise test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
• Record information and results about product or electronic performance by detailing testing methods, documenting possible issues and listing part specifications.
• Analyze and interpret test data.
• Adjust, calibrate, align, and modify circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
• Contribute to team effort by performing other tasks as appropriate and/or necessary.
Qualifications and Abilities:
• 2-Year Electronic degree or 5+ years of demonstrated relevant experience.
• Understand and apply Ohm’ s Law.
• Understand the operation of test equipment.
• Competency in repairing electronics, circuit testing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing at component level.
• Ability to follow and read work instructions, prints, schematics, drawings, etc.
• Hands-on problem solving style.
• Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
• Self-motivated and self-directed, requiring minimal oversight to meet objectives and timelines.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and suppliers. Physical Requirements:
• Sit and/or stand at workbenches/workstations, perform computer tasks and paperwork, sometimes for extended periods of time.
• Perform machine and facility maintenance-related activities.
• Perform shop floor and production-related activities.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.