Junior Structural Designer
400 Industry Drive, Suite 100 Pittsburgh, PA 15275
As a Junior-Level Structural Designer, you will be part of a fast-paced team focused on designing Advanced Facilities such steel mills, iron ore production facilities, and similar state of the art industrial manufacturing structures.
Working with other designers and engineers of our multi-discipline team, you’ ll convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models.
You will work under direction of more senior designers and engineers as you develop design concepts, create models from scratch, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other disciplines.
1) be proficient in 3D modeling using Revit
2) create conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches
3) coordinate work with related disciplines to resolve problems and avoid clashes
4) focus on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes
5)perform material take offs to assist with project estimates
6)have the ability to support work for other offices which may include travel
7) perform field walks, which may include travel and walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years drafting/designer experience in the structural field
- 1 years Revit experience (willing to review candidates who have had school coursework in Revit for this level of position)
- 1 years AutoCAD experience
- Experience working on traditional steel and concrete structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years Revit experience
- Experience in the steel mill and/or iron ore production industry
- Experience in general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam