Lead Civil Engineer (Oil/Gas)
200 New Stine Road, Suite 270 Bakersfield, CA 93309
Our client is now hiring a Team Lead Civil Engineer for their rapidly expanding Oil & Gas projects located in Bakersfield, CA.
Our clients extensive experience in this field, combined with your advanced engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams and projects. They need their engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have strong communication, analytical and leadership skills.
In this role:
- You will develop methods and solutions for site development and layouts, underground piping, horizontal and vertical controls, grading and drainage, site paving, site utilities.
- You will apply engineering techniques and analyses which will include Civil 3D and laser scanning applications.
- Short term travel to construction sites and client facilities is required.
- Will function as Civil Discipline Engineer of Record on small to medium projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group.
- Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Conducts surveys, studies, and site investigations.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
- Recommends and prepares technical papers.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering and 10-12 years of related work experience.
- Professional Civil Engineer registration in California required (or the ability to become registered in California within 4 months).
- NCEES record a plus
- Must be proficient in use of Civil 3D.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.