1580 Hecht Court Bartlett, IL 60103
Provide support and guidance for electricians; communicate with Project Managers and Engineering; assemble and wire control cabinet panels and wire entire machine/system; and to provide electrical support for debugging operations.
- Organize, plan and execute all phases of electrical assembly.
- Interpret schematics, Bill of Materials, drawings, and manufacturer guidelines in order to achieve the desired results.
- Use knowledge of OSHA and NEC regulations to produce safe and economically efficient machines/systems.
- Adheres to NFPA.
- Make decisions on parts, wiring, and minor changes; Interface with engineering to recommend major changes to planned layout/schematics.
- Record changes on engineering documentation.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction of operational equipment, and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Labels and routes pneumatic distribution from FRL to valve banks.
- Assembles and tests experimental motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, FRLs, valve banks, and other electrical and pneumatic equipment and components.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion.
- Wire all electrical components on machinery.
- Proficient in use of hand tools, soldering irons, mechanical and electronic test equipment to verify product standards.
- Provide directions to electricians and apprentices.
- Perform preliminary I/O debugging.
- Make minor modifications to existing PLC programs.
- Interface with members of project team and customers in order to accomplish goals.
- Provide support for customer training, installation, and service, including on-site visits as necessary.
- Provide machine information for technical documentation.
- Order parts needed to finish the job.
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safe working practices.
- Keep work area clean.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
- Follow work instructions and maintain checklists.
- Organize all required tools, wiring components to allow for the efficient completion of a given project.
- Maintain departmental goals in keeping with company objectives.
- Recommend improvements in order to facilitate company growth.
- Maintain ISO13485 Certification requirements.
- Work in compliance with divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned task.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- 5-10 years’ experience wiring machinery or equivalent experience.
- Capable of interpreting schematics.
- Time management skills.
- Good communications and math skills.
- Knowledge of OHSA and NEC regulations.
- General knowledge of all types of hand tools, including crimpers and soldering equipment.
- General knowledge inspection equipment including calipers, various gages, and electronic test equipment – voltage regulators, amp meters, hypot testers, etc.
- Computer systems, including PLC programs.