Lead Process Engineer
1 W 3rd St #200 Tulsa, OK 74103
- Leading a team of Process Engineers in the execution of a project, including interfacing and liaising with all project personnel as necessary.
- At project initiation, preparing review or check process discipline’ s portion of the Project Execution Plan, processing man-hour estimation, manpower planning and scheduling, and Scope of Work.
Perform process engineering services such as:
- Identifying and reporting changes to project scope.
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules.
- Providing assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- Contributing to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Assisting with development and/or review/approve all process deliverables including Process Design Criteria, calculations, simulations, PFD’ s, H&MB’ s, P&ID’ s, LDT’ s, equipment sizing, hydraulics and reports.
- Monitoring process discipline progress and prepare project review status reports.
- Participate in project risk assessment process, identify ongoing risks, develop workaround plans and manage ongoing risks.
- Participating in project internal & external meetings, inter-discipline and vendor documentation review and approval.
- Executing interdisciplinary reviews of deliverables, and distribute deliverables,
- Developing or reviewing/approving process operation philosophy, control narratives and maintenance manuals, safety analysis, and conduct on-site training of personnel as requested.
- Participating in process hazard assessment sessions, such as: HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and Risk Review.
- Advise and direct the project team in the creation of technical deviations, design decisions and code variances.
- Participating in constructability reviews and incorporation of findings into engineering and design.
- Responding to requests for information from field personnel.
- Providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Forwarding employee/team achievements and employee performance issues. Participate in performance reviews.
- Participate in employee/team recognition activities.
- Participating in the Company’ s Quality Improvement and Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) programs.
- Delivering process engineering services that meet the company' s, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering
- If required, assisting and supporting junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identifying issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 10 -15 years’ experience, with at least 5 years in an EPC environment.
- Lead experience or the capability of leading a team of process engineers.
- P.E. is a must for a Lead role.
- Relevant experience in oil refining, pipelines, oil sands, and/or petrochemical and chemicals processing.
- Experience using process simulation software
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Must be able to interface directly with our clients in a competent and confident manner.
- Knowledge of process engineering workflow and the production of Process Engineering deliverables such as: PFDs, P&IDs, LDTs, Mechanical and Instrument Datasheets and Study Reports.