Lead Product Engineer
4700 West 10th Street Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Knowledge of the shop floor, manufacturing processes, quality systems, and proficiency in working with each during problem resolutions.
- Ability to successfully complete manufacturing problem resolution including organizing, investigating, and project planning with various manufacturing and engineering groups.
- General transmission knowledge and ability to learn military transmission technology.
- Blue print interpretation and expertise, including Geometric Tolerancing. (GD&T)
- Lead Project Engineering design Unigraphics/CAD and test programs
- Preparation and presentation of engineering design and test projects.
- Complete engineering analysis and documentation for design change requests
- Assist in cost reductions activities and implement cost effective designs and systems.
- Analyzes design and reliability problems and initiates correct actions.
- Component sourcing activity support.
- Ability to communicate technically and independently with suppliers, government and Allison in-house customer.
- Ability to successfully conduct Mechanical Design and analysis of transmission systems and components.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years experience required
- Excellence in written and spoken English required.
- Experience using Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, and Project) required.
- Interpersonal skills to work effective in a team environment required.
- Ability to read blueprints required.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to varied audiences.
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, provides leadership/motivation.
- Ability to work overtime required.
- Willingness and ability to travel required.
- Must have Experience with Transmissions, Engines and Controls
- MSME Preferred
- Experience in stress and fatigue life analysis preferred.
- Experience in failure analysis technology preferred.
- Unigraphics and CAD experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
Additional / Travel:
- Travel 25% US Only to Customer OEM Sites. 85% customer is in the Tri-State Area – Metro-Detroit MI a primary
- (Note: Requires availability of credit card for hotel and plan reservations.)
- Most US Flights and Hotel will be booked directly & Expenses will be reimbursed