Low Voltage Field Technician
Huntington Beach, CA 92649 US
A leader in providing public safety/fire communications to fire departments throughout the country. The Company is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused Low Voltage Installer/Technician to deliver excellent customer service and join our Services Team. We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented individual who will work closely with our installation, engineering, technical support and project management personnel to ensure quality installation and service of our communications systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and/or Install, commissioning and maintenance of our communications systems in public safety facilities, both in state and out of state. Such facilities can include: Federal institutes, military installations, airport and/or fire stations.
- Installation or repair of low voltage wiring that may be located in attics, crawl spaces and other confined spaces.
- Complete all wiring, connections and equipment installations ensuring that contractual requirements are met.
- Coordinate with subcontractors/fire department officials to obtain completion sign-off.
- Prepare, maintain and submit documentation, commission systems prior to final acceptance, and produce drawings of record for the purpose of ensuring projects are completed.
- Conduct and perform troubleshooting, resolution, documentation and follow-up to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Data Entry in computer system
- Assist sales staff with customer’s requirements.
- Assists engineers and programmers in the building, deploying and maintaining of customer systems.
- Perform after-hours emergency technical support via telephone, computer systems and/or at customer location.
- Travel required for onsite repairs (see bottom of JD for travel requirements)
- Provide a pleasant and positive attitude with customers
- Performs other duties, tasks or projects as requested and assigned by supervisor or management.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5 years of experience
- Good Driving Record
- ANSI/TIA/EIA Cabling Standards & Terminating of cables
- Know how to use a multimeter for electronics
- Experience working on construction lifts and ladders
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Strong attention to detail; Detail Orientated
- Outstanding Organizational Skills
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Keeping work environment clean and safe
- Great Phone Skills
General: Must demonstrate strong listening skills, strong problem-solving skills, analytical, troubleshoot and organizational skills. Ability to read and analyze drawings and specifications.
Technical: Efficient in troubleshooting customer’s technical problems
Salary: $20.00- $24.00/Hour