MAFPS System Test Engineer
10920 Technology Pl San Diego, CA 92127
The qualified candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and dynamic group of engineers whose primary charter is to develop and deploy state of the art automated back-end flight planning algorithms and capabilities paired with intuitive user interfaces. The test engineer will be a member of the San Diego, CA test team and interface with the MAFPS end-users and the factory development team to ensure developed software services meet the users requirements.
The candidate will create, review and execute test cases based upon user stories, CONOPS and BAE Systems’ SME inputs. The candidate will establish use cases and operational CONOPS for the MAFPS product line as well as conduct system analysis in the implementation of this highly complex system. The candidate will become one of the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and provide verification and validation support to developers as well as operational support to AMC planners at Scott AFB, IL.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 6+ years of test and flight planning experience with a B.S. in engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge of aircraft operations, terminology and flight operations.
- Understanding of Air Mobility Command: contacts, mission and processes.
- Operational flight experience with cargo and/or tanker aircraft.
- Ability to create accurate scenario-based test cases.
- Effective communications and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience writing test cases/procedures, coordination with other testers, ability to review other test cases.
- AMC flight management/dispatch, and/or Mobility Air Force aircrew member experience to include Air Mobility Command Tanker Airlift Control Center (TACC).
- Ability to articulate technical product solutions to the customer, gain requirements and customer alignment to recommended solutions.
- Operational experience with Air Mobility Command systems and software applications such as Advanced Computer Flight Plan (ACFP) System, Global Decision Support System (GDSS) and Mobility Enterprise Information Services (MEIS).
- Experience with developing system concepts of operations (CONOPS), system requirements, designs, verification/validation of systems, and product integration.
- Experience with software application installation and configuration with a comprehensive understanding of the Windows operating system.
- Experience with the USAF Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC).
- Ability to maintain, manage, and operate test systems.