MEP Electrical Design Engineer (Intermediate)
427 13th Street Oakland, CA 94612 | Direct Placement
- Are you an experienced, motivated and creative MEP Electrical Design Engineer?
- Do you have 3+ years experience in a MEP consulting firm?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client' s Alameda County office is seeking an experienced MEP Electrical Design Engineer to help lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’ re the right person, you’ ll help design electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, daylighting, renewable energy, communications, security, and fire alarm systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Plan project resources, maintaining schedules and budget.
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client.
- Ability to provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage system.
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems.
- Develop master and project specifications.
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions.
- Construction administration.
- Mentoring and sharing work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office.
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent is an asset but will consider those without degrees.
- 3+ years of experience in MEP consulting.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Time management skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- LEED AP.
- Electrical, PE.
- Experience with BIM/Revit.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software.
- Knowledge and experience with medium voltage and on-site power generation systems.