MEP Senior Electrical Design Engineer / Associate Principal
427 13th Street Oakland, CA 94612 | Direct Placement
- Are you a motivated and creative Electrical Engineer?
- Do you bring 5+ years of MEP consulting experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client' s Alameda County office is seeking an experienced MEP Senior Electrical Design Engineer / Associate to lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’ re the right person, you’ ll lead the design of electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, daylighting, renewable energy, communications, security, and fire alarm systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Manager and/or PIC (including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Coordinate electrical and mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.)
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Plan project resources, maintaining schedules and budget.
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client.
- Ability to provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage system.
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems.
- Develop master and project specifications.
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions.
- Construction administration.
- Mentoring and sharing work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office.
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- 10+ years of experience in MEP consulting
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Time management skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- LEED AP.
- Electrical, PE.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with BIM/Revit.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software.
- Knowledge and experience with medium voltage and on-site power generation systems.