MEP Water Systems / Plumbing Design Engineer
427 13th Street Oakland, CA 94612 | Contract to Direct
- Are you a motivated and creative water systems designer / plumbing engineer?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The Company' s Alamenda County office is seeking an experienced water systems designer / plumbing engineer to lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’ re the right person, you’ ll lead the design of piping systems for sustainable schools, libraries, civic buildings, museums, critical environments (laboratories, data centers, and cleanrooms) and other building types. We are looking for someone who wants to actively participate in the full project cycle— from the concept phase through the final construction closeout, including coordination and meeting support.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of Plumbing Engineering design experience and preparing Fire Protection performance specification documentation in an MEP consulting firm.
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision.
- Able to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing, building and sprinkler codes (i.e. NFPA, CPC, CBC, etc.).
- Able to perform engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection, including water credit calculations for LEED documentation.
- Able to perform accurate detailed site surveys.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office.
- Leadership, coaching and teaching skills.
- Able to “ sketch” ideas.
- Able to manage project plumbing scope.
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants.
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Plumbing Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional Engineer (PE), EIT and/or CPD designations are highly preferred.
- LEED Accredited Professional designation is an asset.
- Experience with BIM/Revit.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Knowledge and experience with water-efficient plumbing systems.