18114 Research Drive Meadville, PA 16335
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Project Manager in the layout and design of specialty equipment to supply safe, high quality products within budget and on time.
- Review the sales proposal and drawings and the customer' s specifications with the Engineer.
- Prepare an estimate of the number of drawings and approximate hours to complete design.
- Understand and develop design concepts independently, including interfacing with vendors, the Toolroom and at times customers.
- Provide concept & layout drawings, functional assembly drawings and detailed drawings for the Toolroom and assembly.
- Understand and adhere to standard engineering practices.
- Demonstrate insight into analyzing designs and enhancing them.
- Provide information to detail draftspersons.
- Control drawing costs and schedule throughout the project.
- Keep close contact with the shop with current projects and possible improvements and cost reductions for future projects.
- Must be able to work in AutoCAD Inventor as well as SolidWorks as a preference.
- May consider Solidworks and/or AutoCAD Inventor based on experience.
Training and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Associates Degree in a technical field with extensive equivalent experience.
- A minimum three (4) years experience in machine design or five (6) years in drafting/design field.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Accuracy and clarity of design drawings to achieve safe, high quality products while following standards and practices.
- Success in meeting or beating engineering hour estimates.
- Cordially taking direction and assertively applying information received from the Project Manager and Engineer.
- Have a strong sense of urgency and commitment in completing tasks.
- Cooperation demonstrated within and outside Engineering.