Machine Mechanic - Manufacturing
Rochester, NY 14606 US
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Machine Mechanic who will troubleshoot, repair, setup, and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment to maximize uptime and minimize product defects. Our automated production equipment includes large batch chemical formulation, lyophilization (freeze drying), semi-automated and fully automated precision liquid filling, capping, labeling, printing and carton packaging systems. This position is in Rochester, New York.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in manufacturing areas.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks for production machinery or facilities.
- Order parts and supplies required to maintain equipment.
- Document preventative and corrective maintenance work utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Recommend modifications to enhance equipment life or productivity.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Follow all safety and quality system requirements.
- Prefer certificate or AAS in mechanical/electrical technologies or related field or completion of an apprenticeship and/or formal automated equipment mechanic training.
- A minimum of 1 year related work experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of automated machinery and related subsystems, including:
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical and Control systems
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs)
- Advanced knowledge of PLCs highly desired.
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics, equipment specifications, and maintenance procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to work independently or with a team
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, and/or flex between shifts, if needed, to help support business needs.