108 Simler Blvd Columbus AFB, MS 39710
- Strong leader who demonstrates the project management and aviation maintenance skills required to effectively meet organizational goals on time and on budget.
- Adept at briefing senior leaders and providing mentorship and training to a large workforce.
- Works directly for the Fleet Manager in support of aircraft assigned to Columbus AFB, MS.
- The Maintenance Manager has direct oversight of and is responsible for overseeing maintenance, servicing, and repairing ensure assigned aircraft are in good mechanical condition and safe for flight.
- Cultivates and reinforces Program Management objectives to include employee mentorship, training, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and strict adherence to the appropriate technical guidelines as outlined in the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions.
- General duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the service, repair, and overall maintenance of aircraft to verify aircraft are safe for flight and compliant with Air Force and Company standards
- Work cooperatively within the department to establish and maintain a safety culture consistent with Air Force regulations and industry practices
- Execute short and long-term maintenance needs as directed by the Fleet Manager
- Responsible for determining root cause and developing corrective actions when performance metrics are not achieved
- Responsible for enforcement of tool control procedures
- Responsible for efficient management of personnel to ensure maximum productivity and minimum overtime.
- Must be able to adhere to and enforce Collective Bargaining Agreement requirements.
- Reports to Fleet Manager the department accomplishments and achievements for input into daily, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Responsible for providing technical feedback and creating statements of work for contractual requests from the government.
- Responsible for coordinating with Human Resources during the hiring of new employees as delegated hiring manager conducting interviews and completing disciplinary actions when required.
- Strong leader
- Emergency planning
- Production management
- Personnel management
- Flight line operations
- Strong team building skills
- Training and development
- Exceptional communication skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in Logistics Management or Aviation Maintenance Management preferred with 4 years of experience in Aviation Maintenance Management, or Associates Degree with 8 years of experience in Aviation Maintenance Management, or High School Diploma with 10 years of experience in Aviation Maintenance Management.
- Prior experience managing daily aircraft maintenance operations is required.
- Minimum years of experience depends on level of education.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift or weekend duty as required.