Maintenance Mechanic 2
9855 Carroll Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92131
Maintains production and quality by ensuring effective operation of molds and production tooling. Communicating with supervisors and operators by providing information to help make decisions and solve mechanical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure tooling has completely validation procedures before being placed into service
- Clean, repair and overhaul molding tools and components.
- Perform preventive maintenance of production tooling and components according to planned maintenance schedules, including but not limited to:
- Validation of critical dimensions
- Record keeping of maintenance operations, state of readiness and when required, removal from service.
- Provide support for the transfer and installation of new molds
- Order replacement tooling as may be required.
- Prepare molds, production tools, bases, and inserts to meet changeover schedules
- Troubleshoot molds and tooling to resolve quality and cycle time problems
- Ensure tooling is safely stored, organized and cataloged.
- Provide verbal updates, status of work, technical problems and their solutions to colleagues during shift change meetings
- Flexibility to work overtime including weekends in support of production
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of work areas in accordance with departmental cleanliness standards and product safety guidelines
- High School diploma or GED required. 2 year degree in a Manufacturing or Engineering related field is a plus.
- Requires two years related experience in injection or transfer molding, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use inspection tools to measure mechanical dimensions and a full understanding of geometric dimension and tolerancing standards
- Knowledge of mold repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance activities
- Knowledge of hot runner systems repair and setup
- Ability to lift safely machinery and tooling weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Understand mold/tooling drawings, parts drawings, etc.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, especially strong in Excel, networks, and Internet capability
- Experience with SolidWorks is a plus