Maintenance PLC Programmers (Step7)
308 Springhill Farm Road Fort Mill, SC 29715
Provide technical electrical support for Manufacturing Engineering Department in the area of process development and improvement, cost reduction and new part introductions.
- Associates/Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (must).
- 2 years experience in PLC and CNC programming and troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of National Electrician Code.
- Ability to read & interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings.
- Familiar with machine installation techniques.
- Be able to use test equipment such as volt, amp, and ohmmeters.
- Be familiar with machine equipment and manufacturer’ s manuals and recommendation.
- Experience maintaining Siemens 840 D Controls Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory.
- SAP experience preferred; Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Siemens S5 & S7 PLCs.
- Solve electrical issues within all production equipment and service systems.
- Start-up and debug new products, processes, tooling, and equipment.
- Maintain machining and assembly technology; troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
- Read & interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings for equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems replacing or adjusting proximity switches and optic sensors.
- Troubleshoot motors-single phase, three phase, and direct current.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns in machinery and equipment.
- Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in an industrial environment.
- Plan layouts, install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures; troubleshoot and perform construction maintenance on buildings within the plant.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follow diagrams or blueprints.
- Observe functioning or installed equipment or system to detect hazards an need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Maintain PLC and CNC machine programming.
- Troubleshoot programmable logic controlled equipment, making repairs to control systems.
- Make program changes and document program and changes made.
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Assist with ongoing projects and product launch support.
- Provide statistical data analysis.
- Process development work including process innovation and design of experiment.
- Provide training and assistance to maintenance personnel.
Additional Must Have Knowledge:
- Siemens Step 7 (S7), Maintenance, Electrical/Electronic Equipment, Programming, Troubleshooting.
- # of Positions: 2
- Shift: 1st and 2nd (negotiable)
- OT: Yes
- Travel: None
- Geographic Requirements: None – will entertain local as a preferred preference, non-locals are also welcome.