9106 Balboa Avenue Senior Operations Inc San Diego, California 92123 | Contract
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, electrical systems, general carpentry and security of manufacturing facility.
- Provide day to day supervision of employees engaged in the repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment and in maintenance of buildings grounds, electrical systems, general carpentry and security.
- Ensures compliance with training and development, interviewing, evaluating performance and providing employee corrective action as necessary of employees in assigned area. Initiates and recommends personnel actions.
- Determines and schedules repair, maintenance and installations of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous production of operations; assigns work based on priority and skills of employees.
- Coordinates activities of employees fabricating or modifying machines, tools or equipment to manufacture products or improve existing products.
- Develops preventative maintenance program and coordinates with cross-functional groups/departments on scheduling. Inspects operating machines and equipment.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of use and disposal of hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Conducts site audits, investigations, prepares reports and facility activities to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations and procedures.
- Coordinates vendor access and organizes and delegates work to employees.
- Ensure protected groups are provided equal opportunity for hiring, training, promotion, transfer and reasonable accommodation; assist in efforts to recruit a diverse workforce.
- Analyze and resolve operation work problems or assist others in resolving issues. Ensure work in progress is completed in conformance to specifications.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment; train and direct employees on the control points, equipment and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure quality methods are implemented and maintained.
- Support and guide efforts to continuously improve company performance related to quality system, cost and delivery requirements.
- 12. Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, work safely, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive feedback, establish goals and objectives, and exhibit initiative and commitment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Vocational education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 - 4 years supervisory experience preferably in the manufacturing/aerospace industry.
Prior mechanical knowledge/experience preferred.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297063