Maintenance Technician I
2425 W Michigan Ave Jackson, MI 49202
- Under supervision, performs mechanical or electrical troubleshooting and repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment according to manufacturer' s manuals, diagrams, sketches etc.
- There is no travel involved with this position.
- CNC experience is helpful, but not required.
- Performs entry to mid-level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but not limited to: adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments to sustain and improve operations; repairing or replacing defective parts; reconditioning or repairing machine tools.
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Provides support and back up for other members of department as needed by leadership.
- Aware of Maintenance Industry Standards.
- Assures compliance with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform basic welding tasks.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
- Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry.
- Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems. Can perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.