Maintenance Technicians - Sr. Level
Our client is in need of a number of Sr. Level Maintenance Technicians.
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills.
- PLC - troubleshooting, editing & programming skills.
- CNC troubleshooting skills.
- Performs mechanical or electrical troubleshooting and repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment according to manufacturer' s manuals, diagrams, sketches etc.
- Performs entry to mid-level break-fix & preventative maintenance.
- This includes but not limited to: adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments to sustain and improve operations; repairing or replacing defective parts; reconditioning or repairing machine tools.
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Provides support and back up for other members of department as needed by leadership.
- Is aware of maintenance industry standards.
- Assures compliance with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- May perform basic welding tasks.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
- Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry.
- Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems.
- Can perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools.
- Selected candidates will need to be able to work independently,
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud.
- In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
- Available Shifts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a weekend day shift.