Manager, Special Programs, CPSO/CSSO
Carlsbad, CA 92009 US
As a security professional you will be a valuable asset to our dynamic Security team. You will have a broad range of responsibilities and will be encouraged to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers, to include several government agencies. We’ll count on you to ensure strict compliance with government, customer, and company security policies and procedures including the DoD Manual 5205.07 Vol 1-4, 32 CFR Part 117 NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), DoD 5105.21 Vol 1-3, DoDI 5200.01, DoDI 5205.11, Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-53, JSIG), and related SCI/DoD manuals and directives.
In this unique role, you will have the opportunity to supervise a small team of security professionals while working as a CPSO/CSSO to ensure programs and security personnel are operating in an efficient, compliant, and forward-leaning manner. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience to expand across multiple security disciplines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment while multitasking and adjusting priorities to meet the needs of the customers, Security team, and supported business units. You will think quickly to effectively solve problems using strong reasoning skills, be a self-starter with the ability to work well individually as well as on a team, possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals, have the ability to work well under pressure, possess good problem-solving skills, and be able to enforce policies in a professional and personable manner.
- As a lead CPSO/CSSO you will manage the oversight and implementation of contractual security requirements and CDRLs for programs and personnel under your purview.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and professional development/mentoring to professionals at all levels.
- Set team objectives and milestones to ensure efficient alignment with business objectives while maintaining compliance with US Government and Company directives and policies.
- Demonstrate ability to manage a diverse portfolio and lead by example.
- Prepare and successfully implement DD-254s for prime and subcontracting activities.
- Document control functions to include destruction, inventory, and accountability.
- Perform clearance processing activities to include review, process, and coordination of PARs, PSQs, SCI clearance requests.
- Administer SAP/SCI SETA program to include execution of indoctrinations PIA’s/4414s, debriefings, derivative classification, courier, annual and event driven training.
- Support visitor control and meeting coordination.
- Manage incident investigation and response.
- Conduct self-inspections and implement corrective action plans.
- Maintain physical security integrity of ICD 705 spaces to include participation in new builds and potential after-hour alarm/emergency response to facility.
- Collaborate with and assist the ISSM/ISSO on the implementation of RMF requirements support Authority to Operate activities to include equipment control, sanitization, writing security policy and procedures, completing continuous monitoring activities, etc.
- Oversee the development and implementation of local SOPs, processes, and procedures to ensure compliance, consistency, and efficiency is maintained across the program areas.
- Partner with personnel across functional organizations such as Senior Leadership, HR, legal, IT Security, Contracts, Purchasing, etc., in support of Insider Threat, OPSEC, and Program Protection execution.
- US Citizenship with active Top Secret Clearance.
- Position contingent on candidates’ ability to obtain and maintain program accesses as directed.
- 6+ years in a DoD, or other industrial security program and solid understanding of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- 6+ years working with SAP and/or SCI programs with solid understanding of DoD Manual 5205.07 Vol 1-4, 32 CFR Part 117 NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), DoD 5105.21 Vol 1-3, DoDI 5200.01, DoDI 5205.11, Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-53, JSIG), and related SCI/DoD manuals and directives.
- 2+years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Working experience onboarding and closing out programs/contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in the authoring, implementing, and managing of security policy tailored to customer requirements such as SOPs, Program Protection Plans, OPSEC Plans, company policies, etc.
- Working knowledge of security software programs (e.g., DISS, NISS, SIMS, JADE, eQIP)
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general office equipment.
- Willingness to travel on company business.
- Experience in working with the United States Intelligence Community (USIC) and Special Access Program (SAP) Environments (PSO, CPSO, CSSO, SSO).
- Completion of CSSO or CPSO training courses (SAP Intro, SAP Mid-Level).
- Strong business acumen.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Years of Experience: Other
Citizenship: US Citizenship required
Clearance: Active United States Top Secret Clearance