Manager, Technical Support and Applications Engineering
2151 EASTMAN AVE OXNARD, CA 93030
Manager, Technical Support and Applications Engineering is responsible for overseeing the Technical Support Call Center and staff including phone and field technical support, applications engineering and management of the relationship with third party call center partners, focusing on industry leading service levels, transactional efficiency and cost management.
WHAT YOU’ LL DO
- Continuously seek to drive improvements in overall service levels, transactional efficiencies and cost management through the implementation of new processes, procedures and technologies.
- Establish effective and accurate reporting systems for technical service performance. Leverage historical data, channel specific practices and best practices to design new systems that promote an effective understanding of product performance in the field
- Develop expertise in Division technical support practices and repair ensuring all policies are maintained and well communicated to the appropriate personnel. Continually evaluate the effectiveness of Division warranty policies and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop expertise in Division and technical support practices and processes to identify opportunities to improve policies or procedures (i.e., lower cost, improve timeliness, etc.).
- Establish and maintain a formal feedback/reporting process, with the Division Quality Assurance, Research & Development, Company Legal and Division Purchasing, that enables the resolution and prevention of field service calls and warranty failures as well as the recovery of cost associated with poor vendor quality.
- Provide direct supervision over Technical Support staff (Field Support Lead, Phone Support Lead, Applications Engineering Lead and Warranty Service Provider Specialist).
- Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Management or related field
- 4-6 years of call center, customer service or technical service supervisory experience
- Experience managing product field cost performance, including: data capture, analysis, reporting, recommendation development, implementation and performance measurement.
- Experience in Budgetary Development/Planning/Implementation
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Experience in collecting and presenting statistical data and also converting into reports.
- Strong mathematical skills— ability to calculate discounts, interests, & percentages.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills— ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and analyze the organization' s customer support policies, warranties, standards and procedures and ability to educate and guide customers on these interactions in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and techniques of communicating with a customer; ability to utilize practices, tools and techniques for customer interactions, including analysis of customer activities, profiles and information and providing follow up in a timely manner
- Knowledge of the marketplace and new developments in customer support including the ability to predict trends related to the Customer Call Center or Support function.
- Accelerates innovation through continuous learning, intelligence gathering and generating realistic and impactful ideas.
- Aligns business objectives with customer needs, and creates a high performance based culture focused on leading and managing change.
- Promotes an environment focused on development, trust and collaboration.
- Builds confidence by modeling behavior, effective communications and positive influence.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master’ s Degree in Business or related field
- 1-2 years of previous experience developing and administering service policies and procedures
- 1-2 years of previous experience managing the technical or field product service function for a water heater, HVAC or appliance manufacturer.