Manager - (CAD)
Bedford Park, IL | Direct Placement
- Plan department training, prepare training sessions, and create on-boarding processes.
- Develop strategies to integrate the BIM Modeling into Design and Prefabrication.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Help resolve BIM design issues.
- Review construction drawings for apparent conflicts with architectural and structural contract documents and to ensure compliance with local code requirements.
- Work closely with project management team for resolution of issues identified during reviews through the Request for Information (RFI) process.
- Analyze project BIM requirements and identify early strategies for successful BIM/detailing implementation.
- Coordinate draft construction drawings with other trades to ensure routings and clearances are understood and no obstructions exist.
- Work with other trades and coordinating each trade’ s layout specification.
- Identify BIM “ lessons learned” and facilitate communication and education within the department.
- Track BIM implementation on projects and offer identify process improvements.
- Provide coaching, feedback, evaluation, discipline and guidance for supervised staff.
- Perform site surveys and field measurement work as needed to support the conceptual and design drawing effort.
- Review submittal documents for accuracy.
- Maintain logs as needed for RFIs, transmittals, and drawings.
- Identify and resolves issues with clients, architects, engineers, building owners and vendors related to construction drawings and drawings of record.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective completion of projects.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Advanced Experience is required on AutoCad MEP or Revit MEP.
- Navisworks 2016 (preferred).
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong computer skills and aptitude for learning.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to manage a staff workload and delegate tasks.
- Detail oriented, able to recognize errors quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Desire and talent for training and developing others.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks.
- Working knowledge of general construction, electrical parts and their intended use.
- Firm believer in safety and strong knowledge of safety procedures.
- Good Communications between other trades and field foreman.
- Advanced AutoCad MEP: 1 year.
- Revit: 1 year.
- BIM: 1 year.
- Electrical Background: 1 year.
- High school or equivalent.