Manager-System Performance Engineering
Boston, Massachusetts | Direct Placement
The System Performance Engineering Manager will manage all DAS and Wi-Fi commissioning, carrier integration, and optimization activities in their assigned region. This individual will become involved at the very inception of each assigned project and will remain actively involved throughout the entire site lifecycle. This position must interact with a wide variety of internal and external customers and requires the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide commissioning, carrier integration, and optimization support for Deployment and Operations team.
- Manage performance engineering tools and resources.
- Provide on-site support resources for engineering activities including, but not limited to, commissioning, integration, data collection, optimization.
- Coordinate with RF Managers and Deployment team to facilitate commissioning and carrier integration activities prior during wireless system deployment.
- Review and audit DAS commissioning, integration, optimization data from internal and external sources. Review and confirm test results from sweeps, PIM tests, OTDR tests, and other tests related to wireless network commissioning and carrier integration.
- Provide point of interface interaction between Wireless Service Provider engineering teams and Deployment Directors.
- Facilitates acceptance testing and ensures the timely approval and availability of all closeout documentation.
- Coordinates ongoing engineering support for upgrades, retrofits, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provide system performance engineering expertise and coordination between internal groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited university in Engineering or Computer Science
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Four to six (4-6) years of DAS/Wireless Experience
- Ibwave Level 1 Certification – Level 2 Preferred
- Two or more DAS OEM certifications
- Strong understanding of Wireless Service Provider testing and integration requirements.
- Detailed understanding of passive transmission line testing methods and requirements
- Detailed understanding of common DAS infrastructure problems including, but not limited to, PIM; VSWR; Return Loss.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient Technical Knowledge on Wireless Technologies
- Strong Knowledge and aptitude of DAS OEM’s and Topologies
- Strong Knowledge and aptitude of Microsoft Products
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/298312