Manual Centerless Grinder
12801 Wentworth Street Arleta, CA 91331
PEAK’ s client is a contractor manufacturer who specializes in parts for the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
Sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external cylindrical surfaces
of metal work-pieces to blueprint specifications, following tooling instructions and standard charts
and applying knowledge of grinding procedures. Each team member shall strive to achieve all the
levels within Job Level Matrix. The individual must read Router instructions and record labor data.
• Selects jobs based on priority lists generated by M1 computer and input from production
• Uses traveler to PUNCH in & out of both setup & production as stated in router
• Performs the operation outlined in sequence number of the router instructions and records
all pertinent inspection and data on the router card.
• Create machine setup cards by customer/part number recording pertinent machine settings
and any special part/setup instructions.
• Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles using screwdrivers and wrenches.
• Lifts parts manually or with hoist and positions and secures part in grinding machines
• Must be familiar working with stainless, carbon steel, titanium, Inconel, and many other
• Must know how to work from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions
• Verifies dimensions of ground work-piece for conformance to specifications, using
measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and preset gauges.
• Examines samples from each machine for burrs, ragged edges, or scratches and determines
that dimensions are within prescribed tolerances, using variety of gauges and measuring
• Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate
• Visually observe, troubleshoot and report non-conforming conditions, either product or
process to supervisor or manager as required.
• Participate in 6s, self-development and training of others and perform other related duties as
required or as directed by supervisor.
• Inspects and measures parts to maintain quality parts throughout production using sample
• Read and understand all router instructions for each grinding sequence and evaluate
production and setup standards immediately after starting and establishing the actual time
• Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances,
and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions, such as grinding speeds, feed
rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
• Dress wheels to specifications, using dressing device.
• Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel
faces. Positions and secures work rest at specified height, using wrenches.
• Inspects, measures parts and records data to maintain statistical process control charts.
• Change coolant oil tanks and remove grinding sludge per approved handling and safety
• Keep grinding area clean and free of debris.
• Organize grinding wheel storage area and keep purchasing informed of wheel and blade
needs so as not to interrupt grinding schedule.