Manufacturing Documentation Specialist
9855 Carroll Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92131
The Documentation Specialist requires high energy and a willingness to document process improvements based on data and investigation. The individual will conduct methodical reviews of existing processes in order to accurately document the build processes. Working under general supervision, will provide process review and documentation support to the production floor through the creation and maintenance of Manufacturing Process Instructions. The position will ensure that product consistency is maintained by standardizing production and documentation processes. Support new product introductions by working with the design engineers and other manufacturing engineers to develop documentation, processes that ensure product quality and repeatability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and maintains the files and formats utilized for manufacturing work instructions with a focus on standardization.
- Tracks the status of manufacturing work instructions on the shop floor.
- Works directly with equipment operators to obtain pictures of equipment settings and product setup and product specific tooling.
- Adds pictures and relevant data to manufacturing work instructions.
- Maintains work instructions, and creates additional instructions for alternate equipment or processes.
- Updates work instructions to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with Engineering and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Uses various tools during documentation process including cameras, computers, micrometers, protractors, calipers, etc.
- Monitors use and evaluates effectiveness of work instructions by communicating with operators and adjusting documentation for effectiveness.
- Recommends changes to equipment or products based on setup data or work instruction data.
- Provides general training to all operators and other manufacturing employees on the use of manufacturing work instructions.
- Creates and maintains “ known problems” data sheets and includes them in manufacturing work instructions.
- Elevates process and product design concerns to Engineering for review.
- Provides support to all departments in IFS by maintaining document control and creation of IFS process instructions.
- Accepts other manufacturing department assignments, generally working on lean initiative projects.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two years of related experience and background in electromechanical assembly.
- Experience with polyurethane, neoprene, and/or epoxy molding a plus.
- Experience in process improvement for reduction in waste, reduction in cost and /or improvement in control.
- Previous experience utilizing detailed manufacturing instructions, including drawings, work instructions, process sheets and shop orders.
- Experience in writing assembly and/or test procedures preferred.
- Successful background working in cross-departmental teams.
- Working knowledge of MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Prior experience using a MRP or ERP system to review bills-of-materials and routings (IFS, Shop-Floor Workbench, etc).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess U.S. citizenship or be a " U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “ Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ” Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).)