Manufacturing Engineer- Electrical
Rochester, NY 14606 US
As the company continues to grow we are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II-Electrical. This position will provide electrical hardware and controls support to the engineering team responsible for the repair, design, qualification, and installation of automated manufacturing equipment – for example, PLC Controls, Motor drives, Robots, electrical troubleshooting, and vision inspection systems support. Strong focus will be on supporting reliability and overall equipment effectiveness projects in Manufacturing. This position will work in a cross-functional team with direct responsibility for engineering efforts within a specified manufacturing department. This position directly interfaces with operations and maintenance in day-to-day troubleshooting, repair, and upgrades to process equipment. Successful candidate will play a vital role in the overall success of Operations. The position requires assessment and control of documentation and performance metrics, and attainment of productivity and cost objectives in daily operation and maintenance of all equipment in assigned areas. Position is to continuously assess general condition and Validated readiness of critical assets required to deliver business priorities without interruption. Position has responsibility to deliver high quality, safe, compliant, cost effective equipment processes.
This position is in Rochester, NY.
- Experience in diagnosing machine problems/ rootcause analysis - electric & servo motors, sensors, vision systems, printers.
- Identify and develop preventive and predictive maintenance to maximize uptime and reduce maintenance costs while improving reliability, quality, productivity, and safety results.
- Initiate and facilitate continuous improvement Lean activities.
- Prepares reports, summaries and needed capital aCAR protocols by applying an extensive operating knowledge of basic engineering principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems from simple to moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under minimal supervision and follows established procedures where analysis of data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Conducts projects and/or multiple support projects, receiving overall guidance from higher level engineers regarding general expected results.
- Develop and maintain effective lines of communication across departments to achieve plant maintenance and reliability goals.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing) is required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in engineering or manufacturing.
- Experience with vision systems and robots is a plus.
- Experience in GMP compliance and delivering requirements.
- Required Travel: Less than 5% expected.
- Excellent hands-on ability working on process equipment on the production floor, including Electro-mechanical systems and automated PLC control systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing problems related to materials, equipment, and all other processes on an ongoing basis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working understanding of operations and manufacturing environments.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently, set priorities, and allocate resources accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet department and/or customer expectations.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office, SolidWorks).