4510 Vanowen St. Main Office Burbank, CA 91505
Establishes process development and production methods, provides production support to enable manufacture of high quality engineered products. Work concurrently with Design Engineering through new product development and cost savings projects. Introduce and maintain state of the art processes and equipment into the workplace.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Create and enter process routings and operational instruction sheets.
- Maintain all work center cost standards, labor standards, etc. for cost and labor reporting.
- Provide production support for all shop floor value added operations.
- Be instrumental in identifying and reducing non-value added steps.
- Provide on the job training to implement new and revised processing methods for production personnel.
- Provide machining, manufacturing and technical support to our suppliers and customers.
- Provide supplier capability studies.
- Provide direction and support for machining of new parts and machining problems.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to rubber molding, met-l-flex, production and machining problems encountered on the shop floor.
- Design document and implement tooling required to support all phases of production. Responsible for tooling rework instructions.
- Maintain documents related to SPC, routings, operational instruction sheets, and production log sheets as required.
- Provide support to Engineering for ECO/ECN review and implementation of changes into production.
- Provide cost estimates for manufactured component parts being procured from outside vendors and detailed estimates for complete assemblies for new products and parts produced in-house.
- Provide cost savings through process improvements, design refinements and workflow enhancements.
- Provide cost justifications, for equipment and tooling, including payback and return on investment calculations, to reduce production costs or cycle times.
- Support MRB by providing dispositions, rework instructions, cause and corrective actions.
- Work with and support production in the implementation and use of SPC, capability studies, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Engineering degree (Manufacturing Engineering degree preferred), or equivalent experience in the aerospace industry.
- Rubber molding, fabric elastomer, and machine shop environment background required.
- Previous teamwork, SPC training and computer skills required.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents such as drawings, specifications and procedures in English.
- Must be able to convert engineering data and specifications into shop floor instruction sheets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff, co-workers and production personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, customers and co-workers.
- Basic math skills and knowledge of the application of algebra, trigonometry and geometry in the related fields of manufacturing and design engineering.
- Should possess ability to perform rubber design calculations to provide feedback and input to design problems.
- Ability to perform metric conversions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to participate as a team member, daily or in meetings.
- Ability to listen actively and respond in group discussion.
- Willingness to learn other job skills and assist other team members when available.
- Ability to understand team and business goals.
- Ability to develop partner/team relationships with vendors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee is seldom required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus from close items to items at a distance.