20400 Plummer Street Chatsworth, California 91311 | Direct Placement
Description The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding the activities of the manufacturing engineering function and for seeing new or existing products through satisfactory production. The focus in this position is ability to coordinate with other departments and outside suppliers, to assure that functional requirements are met on time, at the expected quality level and at the lowest costs. This includes working from engineering design documents, specifications, prototypes and/or change orders to determine equipment, tooling, materials and methods of manufacture to produce quality products within cost and specification guidelines
1. Develop manufacturing planning for new products; improve/modify existing planning as needed.
2. Design assembly/test tooling and shop aids, as needed.
3. Develop/modify BOM on new or existing products.
4. Assist in identifying and evaluating suppliers for new or critical processes.
5. Assist Procurement in resolving supplier technical problems, drawing and specification interpretation.
6. Assist Customer Service and Sales in providing technical support to customers.
7. Act as back-up for Engineering Estimator and assist in estimating process.
8. Help to trouble-shoot assembly test related problems, as required.
9. Understand and participate in Manufacturing/Production Engineering and development through the concurrent (teaming) engineering process daily.
10. Oversee the production processes (including outside processing) with Quality, as required.
11. Initiate the participate in the drawing change process (ECR, ECN), as required.
12. Perform technical reviews of RFQs and/or purchase orders as may be required.
13. Act as mentor, facilitator and educator to internal customers to foster cross-training, creativity, teamwork and smooth process flow daily.
14. Manage multiple activities and workload to avoid bottlenecks daily.
15. Participation in management and department meetings as required.
16. Participate in MRB as a member.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/300164