Greenville, TX 75402 US
The Manufacturing Engineer will drive continuous improvement based on data by utilizing TPS Methodology in all areas of manufacturing. Drive Root Cause Analysis in manufacturing including SMT, selective solder, assembly, and test. Their duties include researching automation techniques, testing new systems for efficiency and planning factory layouts to optimize production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design manufacturing shop floor for most efficient and productive layout.
- Machine optimization and upgrade as needed to support business needs.
- Develop and lead teams to address production and product issues.
- Define and implement cost savings and safety initiatives.
- New Product Introduction
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Introduce innovations in production and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, or processes and systems.
- Develop processes with design guidelines that promote process capability including creating, checking and releasing formal documentation.
- Fixture and tooling design including Poka Yoke.
- Review engineering change documentation for manufacturability, safety, efficiency, and waste.
- Develop, monitor and maintain accurate time standards for all manufacturing processes.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field including Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Direct experience with manufacturing, mechanical processes, and electronic assembly equipment including SMT and through-hole.
- Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is required.
- CAD experience designing 3D models and detailed work and assembly drawings in Solidworks and or AutoCAD is required.
- Knowledge of TPS, Lean, and Six Sigma theory and practices is required.
- Experience creating methodical video-based work/assembly instructions to be accessed by the operator at the workstation is desirable.
- Experience with manufacturing ERP/MRP systems (Syteline, Epicor, Oracle, etc.) preferred.
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.