Lake Forrest, CA 92630 US
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing teams in leading the introduction of new products including test fixture development into Production.
- Work closely with the hardware/software design teams; oversee product build-related tasks during the planning, development, and validation stages of the project.
- Engage design engineers and manufacturing team from design and prototype development through product launch to ensure schedule and quality objectives are met.
- Provide leadership in defining/communicating NPI Operations' requirements early in the product life cycle.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate activities relating to Contract Manufacturer's and Operations extended teams to meet both engineering prototype and product launch commitments.
- Engage with Contract Manufacturers’ technical staff to develop on-site test plans, strategies, and implementation.
- Participates in programs aimed at reducing production cycle-times, manufacturing defects and product costs.
- Participates in the product ECN/ECO process and address all Manufacturing or NPI engineering relevant issues.
- Determine process requirements for new products & measures product performance to those requirements.
- Assist Contract Manufacturer’s in development and release manufacturing work instructions and provide ongoing technical support and training to manufacturing personnel.
- Publish and review reports, including all issues found and resolved during development, as well as yield report and failure analysis.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Some travel may be required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Position Type: Regular
Requirements, Education & Skills:
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including assembly and test.
- Understanding of board level manufacturing and assembly (PCB/PCA).
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and/or methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical components.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with PCB layout and schematic capture tools is highly desired.
- Familiarity with CAD programs (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) is highly desired
- Ability to thrive in and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-centric, consultative and a passion for excellence.
- Knowledge of pneumatic piping and fittings, and pipe insulation.
- This is an on-site role in our Lake Forest, CA office.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate