4055 B Calle Platino Oceanside, CA 92056
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Experience desired in one or more of the following industries:
- Medical Device, Aerospace, Defense, other commercial applications
In addition to the typical job duties below, we are looking for experience in:
Automation; Project Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a technical field
- Experience with 3D modeling, preferably SolidWorks
- Proficiency with MS Office Software
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- 2-10 years’ experience
- Designing fixturing and gauges for machine tool applications and processes
- Measuring precision metal parts using various industry standard measurement devices
- Design reviews, first piece evaluation and compliance testing
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Engineering hands-on problem solving
- Familiarity with MIL-Specs
- Quality Systems (i.e. ISO9000, ISO13485, AS9100)
- Six-sigma methodology implementation in the design/manufacturing industry
- Experience or knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal stamping, plastics and CNC machining.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work will be conducted in both an office and factory environment.