288 Holbrook Drive Wheeling, IL 60090
Responsible for the development, administration and coordination of the manufacturing policies, processes, tool designs and practices with focus of improved operating performance, reduced waste and delays, improve quality, and otherwise promote cost improvement and process control for all of manufacturing.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design/specify/create internal manufacturing drawings and workflow to satisfy customer provided product requirements.
- Development of optimal forming progressions with focus on scrap reduction and process stability.
- Design and/or specify cold heading and roll forming tooling, equipment, process controls and optimal processes.
- Close shop floor support in resolving manufacturing tooling, equipment, material and/or process issues.
- Oversee tool room to ensure efficient daily operation and on time delivery of production and/or protype tooling.
- Support quick first time product launch with production floor.
- Support Customer Service and Sales Teams in manufacturing feasibility review and development.
- Plans and coordinates projects of major scope and importance.
- Provide manufacturing cost savings suggestions and implementation.
- Actively participate in the engineer to order process from an equipment capability stand-point.
- Responsible for the technical implementation of lean manufacturing within your responsible areas.
- Capital equipment justifications for performance and product improvement.
- Responsible for definition of safe manufacturing practices within your responsible areas.
- Contributes to team effort by cooperation and communication.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- ISO 9001: 2008 or ISO 9001: 2015 experience. Additional experience with ISO 13485, TS 16949 is beneficial.
- 2 plus years progressive metal forming tool design experience necessary.
- Excellent computer skills which include:
- MS-Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Auto Cad
- D-Form or similar programs not necessary but preferred.
- ERP experience preferred.
- APQP and PPAP knowledge and understanding.
- Educational Requirements: Engineering related bachelor’ s degree or higher.
- Ability to Analyze KPI data, Report Results, Understand Technical Publications and Standards, Promote Process Improvement, Develop Inspection Methods and Document Procedures.
- Lean manufacturing and/or 6Sigma exposer.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong focus on ‘ Doing it right’.
- High passion, energy, drive, intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- High levels of initiative and curiosity.
- Strong sense of urgency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate computer and keyboard; able to use phone; sit for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.