Manufacturing Machining Engineer II
North Charleston, SC 29418 US
Title/Position: Manufacturing Machine Engineer II
Location: North Charleston, SC
- Help lead our lean transformation and Continual Improvement Process.
- Effective implementation of corrective actions to help drive and meet our Zero PPM target.
- Handle product changes, which are relevant to the assembly line and document the product and process changes.
- Continually updating the Machine System Design (MSD) for various scenarios, workstation standards, Line side standards
- Establish EHS FMEA for the workstations and implement improvement points
- Experienced with updating and maintaining APQP documentation within IQRM software.
- Purchase capital equipment for process expansion/improvements.
- Develop and maintain plant layout to optimize production and inventory storage.
- Assigned areas of responsibility for the manufacturing and assembly process to maintain and drive safety, quality and productivity improvements.
- Improve profitability through automation and cycle time reduction
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment within the automotive industry.
- Project management skills
- Lean + Six Sigma Manufacturing knowledge to improve the material and information flow (i.e. non-value adding activities elimination).
- FMEA and Control Plan Experience
- CAD skills (Pro-E/Creo)
- PLC and or programming experience
- English proficiency