1215 South 52nd St. Tempe, AZ 85281
Responsible for leading, developing, and coaching high performance work teams within an assigned manufacturing operation. This position will have responsibility for the safety, cost, quality, delivery, and productivity of an assigned team. This position will work closely with multiple functional areas to optimize materials flows, equipment, and manpower within the area to meet or exceed daily business objectives. The leader in this position must drive continuous improvement and remove waste from the information and material flows within the manufacturing process.
Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute daily production plans in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance to business requirements, such as reporting time and attendance, safety, audits, etc.
- Collaborate with various Project Managers, Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure timely on-time shipments of multiple product lines to our valued customers.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing customer requirements.
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential problems and issues: Assume ownership of the problem solving process and develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost performance, and safe working conditions.
- Develop and implement sound process controls; confirm routine quality and Team Leader checks and ensure all processes and procedures are executed using controlled methods and in accordance with work instructions.
- Ensure consistent and effective shift-to-shift coordination.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Develop and cross-train team members to support operational plans; ensure training plans are effective and documented.
- Participate in tactical planning process.
- Lead and/or facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the daily operations.
- Create and maintain an environment where team members recommend and implement changes in procedures to improve value-added activities and eliminate non-value added activities.
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Meet goals and metrics that include: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Physical Science or Business Management from an accredited university or college.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired
- Must be able to effectively flow down goals from Manager into measurable tasks to subordinate levels.
- Must be able to provide effective coaching and mentoring to develop a high performing work team.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have an innate desire to learn and continually improve.
- 2-5 years of leadership experience to include direct supervision of staff in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 -5 years of progressively increasing experience in operations, manufacturing engineering, or production control.
- United States citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Previous experience with vacuum technology and/or semiconductor processing desired.
- Previous experience in a high volume/high quality test environment desired.
- Prior experience in an electro-optical testing environment under low-light conditions desired.
- Previous Aerospace/Defense industry experience desired